GPA UPDATE:Utimate Standard Steps to Calculate Semester’s GPA.. Check Out
WHAT IS GPA ALL ABOUT:GPA simply means grade point average.GPA is a tool thats been used estimate and know the accurate grade points of every students both academic and non academic students in all Tertiary Institution,hence the importance of this vital article cannot be overemphasized or undermined.We use this medium to urge all students to pay rapt attention,as they will know the standard way of calculating and computing their GPA result,after checking thier result from their respective course course advisers or exam officers as the case maybe.AS A STUDENT,YOU CAN CLICK HERE TO KNOW TOP BUSINESS,YOU CAN DO AS A FOREIGN OR LOCAL STUDENT
THIS ARTICLE PROMISES TO CURB AND SOLVE THIS PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED BY ALL STUDENTS IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS:
It will help all applicants to know the accuracy of the supposed said result from their respective course advisers
It will help all students to know the Accurate way of computing and calculating their GPA,after seeing their semester’s results
It will ensure that all students know their actual stand or position ,in that after checking their GPA ,they will burst of their position either as first class students or ,second class upper division students or second class lower division students as the case maybe.
This post will also set all students priority right,in that,they are sure about GPA after checking it.
This post will also kill the fears in students as a result of poor and wrong approaches and methodologies adopted in calculating their GPA
We urge all students wanting to know more about cummulative grade point , average to drop their active email address and comments in the box provided below,in order for them to get our next update free of charge and use the like button too. CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR AGIP SCHOLARSHIP
BELOW IS A CLEAR GRADE PER COURSE IN ALL RESPECTIVE COURSES/ SUBJECTS AND THEIR MARKS RESPECTIVELY:
The complete range are as follows:
- A for (70 and above) ,with 5 marks
- B for (60-69%),with 4 marks
- C for (50-59%) ,with 3 marks
- D for (45-49%),with 2 marks e.t.c
44 below is an For i.e zero in most top tertiary schools,so it depends on your school.ALL STUDENTS CAN VIEW FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BY APPLICANTS IN BOTH ADMISSION AND SUPPLEMENTARY ADMISSION,CLICK HERE
BELOW IS WHAT ALL STUDENTS MUST KNOW ABOUT CREDIT UNIT OR LOAD:
Credit unit or load simply means,the weight attached to any given course or subject as the case maybe.It important to know at this point ,that in every Department ,faculty or school more priority or more mark are allowed to those very important courses or subjects as the case maybe,hence students must go through their hand book given to them in the course of their departmental clearance,in their respective schools.hence we advise all students to go through,the hand book,in order to know all important courses that have more credit unit or mark,and allot more study time to it,in order to smash A’ in them, because failure to smash an A’ in all high credit unit course or load means your GPA will be very low nor matter your Grade in other courses or subjects that bears low credit unit or load.
FOLLOW THIS STEPS TO CALCULATE YOUR GPA ACCURATELY:
- Get all your grades from your course advisers or exam result officer in your department as the case maybe,it could be an A,B,C or D. e.t.c as the case maybe
- Multiply your respective grades with the credit unit or load attached to it.
- Sum up all the marks in step 2.
- Also sum up all the respective credit units or load as well
- Divide the marks obtained in step 3 by the marks obtained in step 4.
- Your GPA is the result obtained in step 5.
We have taken time to analyze the two basic ,grade point scale that is obtainable.this will be analyzed below critically:
FOUR(4) POINT GRADING SCALE IS ANALYZED BELOW:
- from 3.5- 4.00 – first class honours
- From 3.0-3.49 – second class honours (upper division)
- From 2.0-2.99 – second class honours
- From (lower division); 1.0-1.99 – third class honours.
FIVE(5) GRADING SCALE IS ANALYZED BELOW:
This is analyzed below:
- from 4.50 -5.00 – First class Honours
- From 3.50-4.49 – Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
- From 188.8.131.52 – Second Class Honours (Lower Division)
- From 1.50-2.39 – Third Class Honours and
- From 1.00 – 1.49- Pass degree.
BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WORKED GPA OF A CERTAIN STUDENT IN A SCHOOL:
- A’ IN MATHS WITH CREDIT UNIT OF 4
- B’ IN PHYSICS WITH CREDIT UNIT OF 4
- A’ IN CHEMISTRY WITH CREDIT UNIT OF 4
- A’ IN BIOLOGY WITH CREDIT UNIT OF 3
- B’ ENGLISH WITH CREDIT UNIT OF 2
- FIND THE GPA OF THE STUDENT?
FOLLOW THE STEPS GIVEN ABOVE TO FIND THE GPA:
- MATHS:5*4=20 NOTE: A’ MEANS 5,B’MEANS 4 C’ MEANS 3 E.T.C
- PHYSICS: 4*4=16
- SUM UP ALL I.E=2TOTAL MARKS 20+16+20+15+8=79
- SUM UP TOTAL CREDIT UNITS=4+4+4+3+2
- DIVIDE TOTAL MARKS BY TOTAL CREDIT UNIT I.E 79/17=4.647
- THE STUDENTS GPA IS 4.647 THATS A FIRST CLASS GPA.
Help share this post on Facebook,Twitter,watsapp groups as these will help millions of applicants to ascertain the accurate way to compute their GPA.Meanwhile,drop your active email address and comment on the box provided to get our next update on CGPA for free.
FOLLOW US ON:
Facebook (divine onyejiawa),twitter(@ divinefavour360).