Bill Gates Scholarship is renowned as one of the most prestigious international scholarships worldwide. Bill Gates Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time Bachelor and postgraduate degrees in available courses at the selected Universities in USA, Australia,Europe and University of Cambridge.
Interested applicants must posses:
- Excellent academic track record
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- commitment to improving the lives of others
- an excellent fit between the applicant’s qualifications / aspirations and the bachelor/ postgraduate programme at university for which they are applying
Bill Gates Foundation Scholarship covers the full cost of studying including tuition fees, maintenance allowance, travel costs and provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
The Costs covered are:
- University acceptance Fee at the appropriate rate;
- Maintenance allowance for a international students ($17,500 for 12 months; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- An economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course;
- Visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
The Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Family allowance – $10,120 for a first child and up to $4,320 for a second child (2019 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Academic development funding – from $5000 to $2,0000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Some fourth year funding for PhD Scholars may be provided
Available Host Institution(s):
Selected Universities in Australia,Europe,UK And USA
Level/Field of study:
BSc, PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course in any subject offered at the Universities
Non Citizens of the United Kingdom.
One can apply for a Bill Gates Foundation Scholarship if one is:
• a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
• applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses `of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
Applications portal opens on 21 JANUARY 2019.
Applicants must submit an application for graduate admission, a College place and funding – including a Gates Cambridge Scholarship – . There are two Bill Gates Fully Funded Scholarship application deadlines: 27 February 2019 (US citizens resident in the USA) and 3rd 2019 (all other eligible applicants).
|Stages Of Application||Round 1||Round 2|
|Applications Portal open||21 January 2019||3 march 2019|
|Application deadline||27 February 2018||_|
|Scholarship Trust shortlisting||Mid-March||Early March|
|Successful Candidate Interview||Late March||Early April|
|Interviews||25 & 26 March 2019||26 & 27 May 2019|
|Scholarships offered||Early April||Late April|
|Scholarships accepted||72 hours after offer||48 hours after offer|